EXPERIMENTAL SETUP FOR AC MOTOR SPEED CONTROL BY USING PLC
PLC is widely used in industrial control application. For this reason, PLC education has an important place in the content of universities and it is explained in different engineering department.
In this paper, AC motor speed control by using PLC experimental setup is designed and implemented. Through this experimental setup, students can experience and use of the encoder, 3-phase AC motor and PID control algorithm. Besides, this experimental setup helps students to develop their real time engineering skill and experience in departments of universities such as electrical-electronics, mechatronics, control and automation engineering.
2. Manesis S, Koutri S. A student-friendly approach to undergraduate teaching of experimental industrial control systems. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education. 2003;40(4):255-69.
3. Geaney G, O’Mahony T. Design and evaluation of a remote PLC laboratory. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education. 2016;53(3):212-23.
4. Berger H. Automating with STEP7 in STL and SCL: programmable controllers Simatic S7-300/400: Publicis; 2006.
5. Boix O, Gomis O, Montesinos D, Galceran S, Sudrià A. Comparative experiences in remote automation laboratories with real plants. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education. 2008;45(4):310-20.
6. Kaldate AP, Kulkarni SA. PLC Based PID Speed Control System. IOSR Journal Of Engineering. 2014;4.
7. Saad N, Arrofiq M. A PLC-based modified-fuzzy controller for PWM-driven induction motor drive with constant V/Hz ratio control. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. 2012;28(2):95-112.
8. Köse F, Kaplan K, Ertunç HM. PID ve bulanık mantık ile DC motorun gerçek zamanda STM32F407 tabanlı hız kontrolü. Otomatik Kontrol Ulusal Toplantısı, TOK2013. 2013:26-8.
9. Basilio J, Manhães R, Rolim L. Benchmark construction with application to PID controller design and implementation. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education. 2008;45(1):51-71.
10. Coşkun İ, Terzioğlu H. Hız performans eğrisi kullanılarak kazanç (PID) parametrelerinin belirlenmesi. Selçuk Üniversitesi Teknik Bilimler Meslek Yüksekokulu Teknik-Online Dergi 2007;6(3):180-205.
11. Ang KH, Chong G, Li Y. PID control system analysis, design, and technology. IEEE transactions on control systems technology. 2005;13(4):559-76.
12. Siemens AG [05.04.2019]. Available from: https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/465/36932465/att_106119/v1/s71200_system_manual_en-US_en-US.pdf
13. Delta VFD-E [05.04.2019]. Available from: http://www.inverter-plc.net/delta/delta/DELTA_VFD-E_SERISI_HIZ_KONTROL_CiHAZI_KULLANIM_KLAVUZU.pdf.
14. Autonics Online Store [05.04.2019]. Available from: http://www.autonicsonline.com/image/pdf/E50S.pdf.
15. Gamak [05.04.2019]. Available from: http://www.gamak.com.
Copyright (c) 2019 Rating Academy Ar-Ge Yazılım Yayıncılık Eğitim Danışmanlık ve Organizasyon Ticaret Ltd. Şti
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
When the article is accepted for publication in the Journal of Scientific Perspectives authors transfer all copyright in the article to the Rating Academy Ar-Ge Yazılım Yayıncılık Eğitim Danışmanlık ve Organizasyon Ticaret Ltd. Şti.The authors reserve all proprietary right other than copyright, such as patent rights.
Everyone who is listed as an author in this article should have made a substantial, direct, intellectual contribution to the work and should take public responsibility for it.
This paper contains works that have not previously published or not under consideration for publication in other journals.