Organizers of the conference welcome online submissions written in English / Turkish language that are closely related to the areas specified in the call for papers.
- Abstract should not exceed 200 words and it must clearly indicate the problem, objectives, research methods, results and conclusions.
- Please take note that only online submissions, thus filling in the Abstract Submission Form, will be accepted and all abstracts sent by email, fax or post will not be considered.
- Submitted abstracts must fit online format that doesn’t register long abstracts and abstracts that include graphics and tables.
- Authors are also advised to proofread their abstracts because abstracts will be reproduced from the online submission. Any error in spelling, grammar or data will appear online or in print.
- Authors of the submitted abstracts for presentation must also make separate registration for the conference by filling in the Registration Form.
- Submission of abstracts doesn’t include official registration for the conference. If the abstract is submitted by two authors, both of them must make the official registration.
Full Text Submission
The file should be named with the surname of the Corresponding Author and the paper ID assigned.
Example file name: 001_Sahin.docx
Before submitting your final paper, check that the format conforms to below template. Specifically, check the appearance of the title and author block, the appearance of section headings, document margins, column width and other features. Please make sure that the use of other languages in figures and tables is avoided. Papers should be checked by a native English speaker with expertise in the field prior to submission.
Both oral and poster presentations will be published on a CD in order to be distributed to participants at the time of registration in the conference.
Full Paper Writing Guidelines
1. The paper must be written single spaced by using standard Microsoft Office Word format. Margins should be 2,5 cm for all sides of the page. The total length of any manuscript submitted must not exceed 25 pages (A4).
2. The paper, which does not show the names of the authors, must include the followings: Title, Abstract, Keywords under the abstract, introduction, main text, conclusion, references and appendix.
3. No footer, header or page numbers required.
4. Each paper must include abstract, no more than 150 words.
5. At most 5 key words must be written below the abstract.
6. Abstract and key words must be written in Times New Roman 11 font size and single spaced. It also should be in italic letters.
7. The main text should be written in Times New Roman 12 font size and single spaced . The first line of the paragraph should be shifted by 1,25 cm from the left margin. Paragraph spacing after a single paragraph (6 nk) should be given.
8. All the headlines, set in the midst, should be written in bold, in Times New Roman 12 font size and 1,5 spaced.
9. Headings and subheadings must be numbered 2., 2.1., 2.1.1. as etc decimally with bold letters. All headings should be written in bold but only the first letters of the subtitles should be capital. Spacing before and after a heading (6 nk) should be given.
10. All the tables, figures and graphs must beheadlined and sequentially numbered. The titles of the tables and figures should be placed above the table or figures, and references belonging to table or figure should be under them. The headline must be written in Times New Roman 12 font and with bond letters. References for the tables (figure of graph) must be below the table (figure or graph) with a font size of 11 font.
11. Equations should be numbered consecutively and equation numbers should appear in parentheses at the right margin.
12. Citations in text must be done according to the HARWARD REFERANCE TECHNIQUE. In text citations, the author’s last name and the year of publication (and page number of the publication if necessary) for the source must appear in the text.
- If the last name of the author is used , the publication date should be written in parenthesis.
Gürkaynak (2002) agree that chemical solutions …
- If the last name of the author is not used, the last name of the author, the publication year and page number of the publication must appear .
The last studies (Pınar 2003: 12)…
- If there are two authors, last names of both of the authors should be written.
Cinicioglu and Keleşoğlu (1993) mention about the soft paddings…
- If there are more than two authors, cite only the surname of the first author followed by “et al.”
…asserted by Öztoprak et al.. (1999)
- If an author has more than one publishment in the same year, different symbols (i.e. a,b,c..) must be used with the years.
…result of the studies made by Bozbey et al (2003a)
- If the resource is anonymous the word “anon” must be used.
…the realities spoken in recent times (Anon 1998: 53) …
vii. if a newspaper article with an unknown writer is used, name of the newspaper, date of publication, page number should be written.
The floods occured in the region effect the structural features (Atlas, 1998: 6)
- The studies made use of thesis, alphabetically ordered according to the surnames of the writers. The name of the magazine, book or booklet , etc. should be in italic and bold letters.
- For Internet resources, the name of the writer should be shown as mentioned before. If no writers name, the name of the resources and the date must be given
Some knowledge takes place about the bazaar (İMKB, 23.06.2003)
- For the internet resources with unknown writers URL-sequence number and year should be written as follow:
(URL-1, 2003), (URL-1 and URL-2, 2003), According to URL-1 (2003)
- Books :
SURNAME, NAME, Publication Year, Name of Book, Publishing, Place of Publication, ISBN.
MERCER, P.A. and SMITH, G., 1993, Private Viewdata in the UK, 2
SURNAME, NAME , Publication Year, Name of Article, Name of Journal, Volume Number and Page Numbers.
EVANS, W.A., 1994, Approaches to Intelligent Information Retrieval, Information Processing and Management, 7 (2), 147-168.
SURNAME, NAME , Publication Year , Name of Report, Name of Conference Bulletin, Date and Conference Place, Place of Publication : Publishing , Page Numbers
SILVER, K., 1991, Electronic Mail: The New Way to Communicate, 9th International Online Information Meeting, 3-5 December 1990, London, Oxford: Learned Information, 323-330.
- Thesis :
SURNAME,NAME , Publication Year, Name of Thesis, Master’s Degree/Doctorate, Name of Institute
AGUTTER, A.J., 1995, The Linguistic Significance of Current British Slang, Thesis (PhD), Edinburgh University.
SURNAME, NAME , Publication Year, Title, Scale, Place of Publication: Publishing.
MASON, James, 1832, Map of The Countries Lying Between Spain and India, 1:8.000.000, London: Ordnance Survey.
- Web Pages:
SURNAME, NAME, Year, Title [online], (Edition), Place of Publication , Web address: URL
HOLLAND, M., 2002, Guide to Citing Internet Sources [online], Poole, Bournemouth University, http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/library/using/guide_to_citing_internet_sourc.html, [ Date Accessed: 4 November 2002].
POSTER PREPARATION RULES
- Posters should be prepared in vertical dimensions of 50 cm × 70 cm.
- At the edges of the poster there should be 2.5 cm margins left, right, bottom and top.
Poster Wrıtıng Rules
- All text should be written in English or Turkish in Times New Roman. Abstract should be in English.
- The text should be arranged to be read at a distance of 1-2 meters.
- The poster title should be in bold and all capital letters, 36 pt.
- In the poster, the title, first name of the author (s), the surname of the author (s), the name of the university (s) or institution (s), e-mail address should be written.
- The author name (s) and surname (s) must be 28 pt. (Only the first letters must be large, the title must not be written and the name of the author presenting the poster should be underlined). All the authors’ institution information, e-mail addresses should be written in 24 pt under the name immediately.
- The poster should include abstract, abstract, introduction, material and method, conclusion and discussion and resources sections.
- Section headings should be in bold and capital letters with 32 pt. Content (Normal text) must be written in 24 points.
- References: References must be 18 pt.
- Poster holders will be able to make poster prints themselves.
- During the congress process, the posters will be displayed on numbered panels to be determined by the organizing committee.
- The organizing committee will help the poster owners to hang the poster on the boards. The poster papers will be posted in the designated area for three days during the congress.
- Poster holders will be at the beginning of their posters and give information about their work