Journal of Original Studies is an international peer-reviewed and periodical journal that began publishing in 2020. The journal includes original applied studies in the field of social sciences and humanities which have not been published before. It aims to publish qualitative, quantitative and mixed researches involving local, national and international practices and present current research to scientists in the field. The journal is published two times a year as WINTER (January) and SUMMER (July) periods. Journal of Original Studies is an electronic and open access journal. The journal's articles have "free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself." The DOI number is assigned to all the articles published in the journal.
Manuscripts submitted to Journal of Original Studies should be in line with the following publiction policies and writing rules. The evaluation process is not started for articles that are not prepared in accordance with the publication principles and the writing rules.
- Journal of Original Studies (JOS) is an international peer-reviewed and periodical journal that began publishing in 2019. The journal includes original applied studies in the field of social sciences and humanities which have not been published before. It aims to publish qualitative, quantitative and mixed researches involving local, national and international practices and present current research to scientists in the field. The journal is published two times a year as WINTER (January) and SUMMER (July) .
- The journal accepts the studies written in Turkish and Original research papers, technical notes, letters to the editor, discussions, case reports and compilations are published in the journal.
- Only the original scientific researches are included. It is essential that the information created in scientific study needs to be new, suggest new method or give a new dimension to an existing information
- Journal of Original Studies (JOS)is an open access electronic journal. All articles published in the journal are assigned the DOI number. Researchers worldwide will have full access to all the articles published online and can download them with zero subscription fees.
- The editors-in-chief and the relevant editors have the authority not to publish the articles, to make regulations based on the format or to give back to the author for correction that do not comply with the conditions of publication within the knowledge of the editorial board. All studies submitted to Journal of Original Studies (JOS)are sent to at least two referees after the initial review of the editors in chief, and editors related to the study issue with respect to formatting and content. After having positive feedbacks from both of the referees, the manuscripts are published. In case of having one positive and one negative feedback from the referees, the manuscript is sent to a third referee. Identities of authors are kept in the posts to be sent to the referees (Double-blind peer review). In addition, the authors are not informed about the referee
- The referee process is carried out by the editors in chief.A study that the editors in chief does not find suitable or does not accept is not included in the journal, even though the referee process is positive. In this regard, authors can not create a liability for the journal and other boards of the journal.
- The editors in chief have 7 daysfor the appointment of the referees after the arrival of the manuscript. While they appoints the referees, they take the views of the other editors related to the study issue. The studies sent to the referees for evaluation are expected to be answered within 30 days. In case this is overcome, the editor makes a new referee appointment and withdraws the request from the former referee.
- Required changes must be made by the author within 15 daysafter the decision of "Correction required" given in article acceptance decision.
- The studies submitted for publication in the journal must have not been published elsewhere or have not been sent another journal to be published. The studies or their summaries which were presented in a conference or published can be accepted if it is indicated in the study. In addition, if the work is supported by an institution or is produced from a dissertation, this should be indicated by a footnote to the title of the work. Those who want to withdraw their publications for publication for some reason must apply to the journal management with a letter. The editorial board assumes that the article owners agree to abide by these terms.
- All responsibility of the studies belong to the authors. Studies should be prepared in accordance with international scientific ethics rules also mntioned in the journal. Where necessary, a copy of the ethics committee report must be added.
- The articles submitted to the Journal of Original Studies (JOS)are sent to the referees after they have been checked with the "iThenticate" plagiarism scanning program to see if they are partially or completely copied (plagiarism) from another study. Regulation is demanded from the author for the articles which are high in the plagiarism result (20% and over). If the required regulation is not made within 60 days, the study is rejected.
- Copyright of all published studies belongs to the Journal of Original Studies (JOS).
- No copyright paymentis made.
- No study has differentiation or superiority from another study. Each author and study has the same rights and equality. No privileges are recognized.
- Studies submitted for publication in our journal must be prepared according to the rules of spelling of journal. Spelling and template are included in are included in the "Author Guidelines" heading
- Articles submitted for evaluation must not exceed 25 pages after they are prepared according to the specified template. Article summary should not exceed 300 words and minimum 3 and maximum 7 keywords should be written.